ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Does this sound like GWs
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:40 pm 

I have not been diagnosed with HPV but I think I may have it. I've read on here that the warts sometimes resemble skin tags. I'm wondering what it looks like for you guys. I have on what i would call the small labia 2 very small skin tag looking things side by side. Nothing that looks really gross or that I'm too worried about. I'm a little concerned, but if I was to find out that it was not HPV, these things wouldn't bother me. I was just diagnosed with HSV-2 so if I found out I had HPV also, it would not be good news. Anyway, if someone would just tell me what their genital warts look like it may help me feel better if they were nothing like what I've got.

Also, I am married and have been for 5 yrs. Since we assume that our partner has it too, does it even matter whether I get diagnosed or not? I plan on ignoring these things on my genital area and moving on with life, hoping they will disappear at some point. My husband does not have HSV-2 so we have enough to worry about with that. Also, the guy I was dating before my husband had a wart on his finger while we were dating and removed it with some OTC stuff. Well, I get with my husband and a year or so later he gets warts all on his fingers. He had to get them frozen off and it was extremely painful. My question is could they have gotten genital HPV from me on their fingers? It just seems coincidental and the drs don't test warts that ppl get on their hands to see what strain it is. Any possibility that this can infect the hands?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:46 pm 
Site Admin

Hi lovingGod,

Thanks for your post. Genital warts can look differently from case to case, and can appear as growths or bumps. Warts may be raised or flat, single or multiple, small or large. They tend to be flesh-colored or whitish in appearance. Warts usually do not cause itching, burning, or pain.

In females they appear on the vulva, in or around the vagina or anus, groin (where the genital area meets the inner thigh), or cervix (less common than external warts).

Most health care providers diagnose warts with a visual exam; no specific test is typically done. Warts can self-resolve but treatment if commonly done to remove them. It's highly unlikely the types of HPV found with genital warts would cause anyone to develop warts on the hands or fingers.

I hope this helps. Post again anytime you have questions.

Best,
Fredo

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]