ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:43 pm 

Hi,
I recently got checked at my school clinic and doctors found gw in my praneal and they were able to remove it. I went back for a follow-up and they're supposedly gone. Although they found a bump in my anal canal, they were not able to treat it because they're not sure if it's warts from HPV. My doctor referred me to a different doctor but unfortunately I have no health insurance.
So I don't think I would be able to see the doctor, but I'm really concerned what that bump might be. If it's warts, will it go away eventually? Can it cause cancer, or any other health problems? Can it get worse if not treated?

And if it's not wart, what else could it be? Whatever it is, could it be cancerous? I should also mentioned that I had anal sex for the first time and my anus has been itchy since. Doctors checked and told me that I have fishers and that can make it itchy but they also said HPV can be itchy too...

So confused and worried..

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:06 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Jesselin,

Thanks for your post. It can be so frustrating when you don't have health insurance and you need a follow-up exam. You might see if a Planned Parenthood clinic can help: http://www.plannedparenthood.org/ to access their clinic finder.

Hmm, hard to say what's most likely going on. When anal warts do occur, they are almost always related to a type of HPV other that what's linked with cancer. Warts are usually not dangerous and can even clear on their own, but treatment is usually done to remove them, so it's best to get your symptoms evaluated so you'll know what to do. I'm sorry we can't offer you more in that regard.

If you don't mind, let us know what you find out and how you're doing.

Best,
Fredo

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]