ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:30 pm 

I don't know if anyone can help answer this, but thought I'd give it a whirl. Especially if anyone has had a similar experience. :)

I've decided to get back on birth control. They wrote me up a prescription today. Due to this, I'm thinking of trying some folic acid supplements. Now, I also take a Centrum multi-vitamin and B12 (500 mcg)...along with Vitamin C (500mg). I know that both B12 and the multi-vitamin help with the folic acid. Sometimes I'll take two pills in the day. Once after breakfast, and once after dinner. Whether this is helpful or hurtful, I dunno.

Anyway, to my question, should I bother with the folic acid supplement, too, or would it be too much? If it's cool to take the folic acid, too, how much mg should I get? I want to be sure that the birth control doesn't screw me up, but I do want to be back on it. I've heard of people being on it, taking the supplement at the same time, and things being just fine with their dysplasia.

Thanks in advance. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:50 am 
Site Admin

Hi Rogue,

I'm sure you've read the discussion we have here on folic acid, but in case you (or someone else) missed it go to http://www.ashastd.org/phpbb/viewtopic. ... folic+acid.

I don't know how much folic acid you should take, but a pharmacist or your healthcare provider should be able to tell you what's a reasonable amount.

Fredo

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]