ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:20 pm 

Hi I was diagnosed with HPV high risk in 2008. I have been through different treatments for the mild displasia. Since i was diagnosed i havent been able to have a normal life again for recurrent vaginal infections with a consuming itching like if its burning inside my vagina. My last pap in January 2011 was normal. Anyway my post is to see if anyone has experienced what i am. I get recurrent vaginal infections that gets cured and whenever i have sex (using protection at all times) it comes back again. I have tested my self few months ago and recently in April 2011 for HIV, Herpes, Clamidia, Hepatitis B & C, and ALL negative. I want to know if HPV causes this and how can i control it.
I suppose this is a yeast infection caused maybe by a candida but what can I do to be able to have a normal life, have safe sex and not get right away after intercourse this type of infection.
This is even more frustrating because due to this i decided to not have sex for a while but even if i masturbate then i get the infection few days later. I would like to think this will ever change and will heal.

I really need some hope, comments or anybody who can tell me something about this. What can I do to avoid getting this type of infection everytime i have sexual intercourse.
I will really appreciate it and thank you.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:37 am 
Site Admin

Hi there,

Sorry to hear this has all been so difficult for you. Have you asked your health care provider about this? Curious what they might think and if they recommended anything. HPV doesn't characteristically cause infections and symptoms like you mention; not sure if treatment can be connected but the virus usually won't do that.

I hope that anyone else who has gone through this will post to share their experiences. I wish I had more to offer, but I would like to know what your doctor or nurse might have recommended.

Best,
Fredo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:44 pm 

Hi Fredo,

Thanks for taking time to reply to my post.
That is the frustrating thing that must doctors tell me that is probably due to the "water not too pure" I wash my genitals..!
I got results this week for tests they were doing to my vaginal fluids and it showed i have: streptococcus agalactiae.. My doctor subscribed me some antibiotics.. I remember I got that same bacteria some time before but I hesitate to accept the fact that this is the cause of all my recurrent symptoms. And how come if I follow the treatment for this bacteria I will get infection again without even having sex with a partner (i mentioned im not having active sexual life nor have a partner or sex)? Anyway i changed doctor recently and I hope he can find a solution or cause of my endless problems!

Im so tired of this situation. Is like a fight im running out of hope and strength! I really will deeply appreciate if someone else read this post and have been through a similar situation or can give some comments regarding this.

This is just too painful! And all this fight has lead to a point where im psychologically affected too.

Thanks you for any comments you might have.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 3:32 pm 
Site Admin

It sounds like this has all been really, really miserable for you! How frustrating it must be to have the infections just keep coming back like that. Hopefully you'll have a good experience with your new doctor. If you don't mind, check in and let us know how that goes and if they recommend anything for you. Others would surely benefit from your experience.

Best,
Fredo

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]