ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:22 pm 

I only had 1 wart which was initially frozen off, then returned much smaller and was treated with aldara.

Now it has come back as two possibly three very small bumps, I am not even sure if I'm just being paranoid and imagining these bumps are warts.

How can a person test to confirm these are or aren't what i think? I've heard of apple cider vinegar turning them a different colour is this a myth though...

I've had this for around 2 yrs now, no clearance yet (or has it? I could just be paranoid!).

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:06 am 
Site Admin

Hey Andy,

Yeah, using vinegar is something they'll even try sometimes in a clinic, with the idea being it'll turn warts a whiteish color. It really doesn't work well (you can get the whitening effect for plenty of reasons that have nothing to do with HPV or warts).

Health care professionals seldom rely on anything other than a visual inspection to diagnose warts. They can do a biopsy, so that's not out of the question, but this is most often reserved for cases where there's real doubt about the diagnosis or if the warts look funky somehow (like they're bleeding or an unusual color, or something else kinda unexpected is going on). Don't expect anyone to jump to a biopsy very quickly, is all.

Let us know what you find out. Warts most often come back in the first 3-6 months following treatment, but having them a year or two later isn't exactly rare. Wish I had more to offer.

Keep in touch,
Fredo

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]