ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: method of transmission
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:00 pm 

a girl i'm seeing has hpv. she said she got it because her last bf went down on her with a cankersore, and she knew it was probably a bad idea at the time but let it happen.
From what i'm reading though, it doesn't sound like you can get genital hpv from an oral cankersore, so she must have got it some other way....is this right?

Post subject: To: donothveit
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:10 pm 

Hi Donothveit,
Welcome to the board. The canker soar is different than genital HPV. It is highly unlikely that she got the virus that way. As you are learning from the posts and general facts. If a male or female have ever had sex with anyone, ever, it is possible that you could carry the virus and never have symptoms, yet give it to someone else that may later have symptoms. Your girlfriend may not be informed or maybe recieved misinformation and doesn't understand herself. Keeping on top of her pap tests and being under doctor's care with any outbreaks is very important. It can be dealt with, it doesn't mean there is sure fire proof that it is gone for good but a person's could become immune to different strands from what I understand. Fredo is better to give you more info. and is on the board sometime during the week. You may want to share the general facts with your girlfriend and let her know you are just learning about it too. Emotions run high with these discussions. Try to help each other. Post any other ?'s you have. There is much helpful info here. Let us know how you are doing. I admire you for posting your concerns, it is not always easy. hopeinsight

You are valuable, loveable, and can possess hope for the future. I've discovered that there is nothing compared to the "living hope" in my life, no matter what the diagnosis, nothing can take it away. hopeinsite

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]