ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Itchy
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 5:21 am 

Hey Everyone, I'm new to this. I woke up this morning and my penis was itching, I went to the bathroom to check it out, and on the head there are red patches, they look like rashes, they aren't really itchy now, but are visible. I have had unprotected sex, but that was in november of last year. Could someone please advise me as to whether it could be an std, or a reaction to soap, different underwear etc? I'm really worried.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 11:41 am 

It could a lot of things. If you have changed soaps or detergents recently, then it could be an allergic reaction or contact dermatitis. These can be easily treated. If you are wearing tighter underwear, rushing from completely drying off after a shower or sweating a lot in that area, then it could be jock itch ( fungus related ). This is easily treated as well.

If you had oral sex without protection and if you notice blisters, flu like symptoms then it could be a herpes infection , HSV-1 but let's not go there just yet. STDs can usually be noticed bt unusual discharges, odors, blistering, fever, flu like symptoms, fatigue, tiredness,nausea, vomiting.They can make you feel icky.

Herpes infections are skin to skin contact and if I were you, make an appointment to see your doctor or go to a nearby clinic for evaluation. Don't think about the possibility of Herpes. I'm just letting you know that because Herpes can be extremely mild and can be mistaken for other things.

I hope I didn't scare you but from the way it sounds, it could be an allergic reaction to something.Still check with your doc to make sure and if you have any questions ask away.

Take Care
:D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]