ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:06 pm 

my last sexual encounter with another woman was 7yrs ago. I also had about 4 mo ago a woman whom I masterbated, she did not touch me in anyway at all. my close never came off, just hers. the woman I am with now has chlamydia (or so say the doctors from her pap, she also has gotten a retest, no results yet). my question is if the woman that I masterbated had chlamydia could it have lived under my finger nails for over a week, to when I played with the woman I am with now and given it to her? or could it have been with me for over 7yrs and not been detected at all for the last 7yrs? we have been together 10+ years and she has never tested positive before now. I havent gotten tested yet to see if I have it. neither of us have had any symptoms at all. I just want to know if I could have given it to her from the woman I masterbated. I know from what I read it can only be transmitted from sexual contact. any help please

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:12 am 
Site Admin

Hi Raiders,

Thanks for your post. It would be very unlikely you would carry chlamydia on your hands, or under your fingernails, and then give it to a partner a week later. Chlamydia is transmitted by genital to genital, genital to anal, and genital/anal to oral contact. Condom use can reduce the risk of transmission.

Many individuals, especially women but sometimes men, have no obvious symptoms of chlamydia (it would be unlikely to carry the infection for years without having some indication, though). It's generally recommended that both partners be treated, and not have sex until both have been cured. It's a good idea for you to see your healthcare provider, or perhaps call your city/county health department.

Hope this helps,
Fredo

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]