ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:21 pm 

Hi, last week i had unprotected oral sex with a new partner and about 4 days after, developed conjunctivitis. After googling the condition i found it could be linked to chlamydia and gonnorhea. I have ordered some home test kits but i was just wondering if anyone else has ever come across this? I don't have any other symptoms, but i'm worried as it appeared so soon after the encounter, and i've never had conjunctivitis before.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:09 pm 

This is true and can happen. One can have an STI in the eye when semen on vaginal fluid comes in contact with the eye. You will want to make an appointment with both your eye doctor and your OB/GYN to rule out the possibility of an STI.

Hope This Helps :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:17 pm 

Thanks for the reply. Yea, i've also heard that Gonnorhea can be transfered via the hand to eye (which i think is more likely as the act was more 'messing around' and didn't involve full ejaculation) so I think thats possibly what has happened. Do you think it will still show up in a normal swab test if i have got that, as i'm not showing any 'down there' symptoms?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:14 pm 

It may show up if this is actually the cause of everything . Usually in women, these STIs can show no symptoms at all. Also the doctor may take some discharge fluid from your eye and do a culture. You will be given eyedrops and maybe some antibiotics to clear things up. Just let the doctor know what you are experiencing and take it from there . Hopefully things will work out ok. :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]