ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:31 pm 

Okay... I really need some help~ I just found out on Tuesday that my pap came back abnormal. I have been transmitted with Chlamida from what I am told. I had it last Feb. both my husband and I were treated for it. They say my husband never had it when his results came back. How that is possible i dont know but he was still treated anyway. This was before we got married. Now we are and have had a child. they said after having a child you dont have it anymore after treatment. okay i get that. what i dont get is at my 6 week check up my pap came back normal. now a year later for my annual one it comes up positive. My husband nor I havent been sexually active with anyone else other than ourselves. This doctor swears that I have it again and i dont understand if you can get only through having sex and we havent cheated on each other how is that possible?? My husband and I are fighting to the point that we are waiting for my second test and his first test to come back to make a decision if we will stay married. I need some help please!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry: I love him with all my heart and I want our marriage to work. Please tell me what has happened to the tests confusion. Can you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:42 am 

Has your doctor offered to repeat the chlamydia test for you to rule out a false positive?

betsy

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:47 am 

betsyb1967 wrote:
Has your doctor offered to repeat the chlamydia test for you to rule out a false positive?

betsy

I had one done last week and that one was positive and they did another one on Wednesday. I wont find out the results til Monday. I was reading all kinds of stuff and to me it sounds like BV because if my husband didnt have it last time and I did after having intercourse several times before we knew. unless it cant always spread. is that a factor or ? also she gave me meds on tuesday as well. she said that if i have taken the meds it wont come out accurate? (the test on taken on wednesday) is that true

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:45 am 

I had one done last week and that one was positive and they did another one on Wednesday. I wont find out the results til Monday. I was reading all kinds of stuff and to me it sounds like BV because if my husband didnt have it last time and I did after having intercourse several times before we knew. unless it cant always spread. is that a factor or ? also she gave me meds on tuesday as well. she said that if i have taken the meds it wont come out accurate? (the test on taken on wednesday) is that true

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]