ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:03 am 

How can it be that when tested for Chylamdia I was positive and my husband was negative? ( my husband was treated the same day he was tested) We got tested and cured. ( I was pregnant at that time Sept of 05) After I had my son it came up negative (from 6 week check up in June of 06. Then had a positive last week :shock: :shock: ( july of 07 ). Neither one of has cheated on the other. Since I though :cry: a fit when the doctor told me she did another one Wednesday after taking the meds. My husband was tested and treated yesterday. What are the chances of the tests being wrong (false positive, human error or whatever you wanna call it) and it being BV???? The only symptons with both were smell discarge after sex and every once in awhile even before diganosed a small discarge after periods. :cry: :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:54 pm 
Site Admin

Whattheheck wrote:
How can it be that when tested for Chylamdia I was positive and my husband was negative? ( my husband was treated the same day he was tested) We got tested and cured. ( I was pregnant at that time Sept of 05) After I had my son it came up negative (from 6 week check up in June of 06. Then had a positive last week :shock: :shock: ( july of 07 ). Neither one of has cheated on the other. Since I though :cry: a fit when the doctor told me she did another one Wednesday after taking the meds. My husband was tested and treated yesterday. What are the chances of the tests being wrong (false positive, human error or whatever you wanna call it) and it being BV???? The only symptons with both were smell discarge after sex and every once in awhile even before diganosed a small discarge after periods. :cry: :cry:

Whattheheck,
It sounds like you're very stressed about this. I understand what you're saying and I truly hope some of the information here will be helpful for you.

First, please know the Pap smear is not a specific STD test. That test is only looking for abnormal epithelial cells that grow on your cervix. It is not a test that was intended for chlamydia.

You should probably inquire with your healthcare provider if they have, in fact, done a chlamydia test.

Another possibility is that the antibiotics you took may have cured you before your partner. Therefore, there is a possibility of what we call "ping-ponging" the infection back and forth to each other. So, you may have become reinfected before your spouse was cured.

I would encourage you to speak with your healthcare provider to make sure that either of you were not reinfected or that the diagnosis they gave you was correct.

I hope this helps. :wink:

Dharma

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:10 pm 

Well, the second test I took is positive also. My healthcare provider told me that I DEFINTLY have it. My husband is going to be gone all week before he finds out his results to this test. I am so stressed out my kids keep asking "mommy you okay, mommy why you crying". I have done so much research(my head is spinning) on Chlamydia and it all boils down to that my husband has cheated or a incorrect test. What happens if his is negative this time too? Is something seriously wrong with me?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:34 am 

What would happen if Marriage was treated like a business transaction?
I would say if a priest, rabbi or iman wanted to marry two women and call it a marriage that was their right. Thus, marriage is not religions it is a product bought and sold like anything else. What do y'all think?

Last edited by pamelax on Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:13 am 

pamelax.....I really don't think that this is the forum you want to be asking these sorts of questions in? This is a std forum.

betsy

Post subject: Chlamydia?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:57 am 

I have a similar issue. In April my x told me that he had slept with someone else and contracted Chlamydia. I immediately got tested. He got his results back just a few days later, maybe about 7-10 days. Anyway, he called me and told me that his test results came back negative that he had NGU a infection men get like we get yeast infections he said. Well.. an entire month almost month and half later I get my results along with my Pap test and the doctor tells me that I tested positive for Chlamydia. Yesterday, I was horrified and confused about the entire ordeal. How could he test negative and I test positive. I have only been with one man and the last time I had sex with that man I was pregnant with his baby and I was five months pregnant at that time. So I began to think, could I have had Chlamydia for 3 and half years without knowing? But of course how could that be possible? My son was healthy premature baby, I haven't had any vaginal or pelvic problems within that 3 1/2 year period. The first time I ever experienced symptoms of Chlamydia was a day or two before I met up with my now x and he turned me down for sex. A few days later he called me up and told me that he had slept with someone else during the time we had a major spat and weren't talking to one another. There can't be a coincidence that I began having symptoms around the same time he slept with this other women.
Anyhow, either way, if I had Chlamydia for years or if I didn't he still should have have tested positive for Chlamydia, but here is what I read just recently from http://www.urologychannel.com/std/chlamydiaNongon.shtml "NGU involves Chlamydia trachomatis, which causes chlamydia. The term NGU refers to the condition in men and chlamydia refers to the condition in women." When I saw this I was relieved because I couldn't understand how I could have it and he not have it because either way (if I had chlamydia for years he should have contracted it because we had been having sex for over a year and if I hadn't had chlamydia for all those years, I still would have had to have contracted it from him. My x- obviously didn't understand what NGU is because my research proves that he indeeds has chlamydia but its called NGU in men. My x- also informed me that nothing like this has ever happened to him before. Just recently when I read the information on the above site it also stated that "Most people who develop NGU for the first time do so 1 to 3 weeks after having sex with a new partner." So this also proved that NGU can cause chlamydia and vise versa. So the women whom he slept with had to have had it and gave it to him and then it was passed on to me. I just don't see how I could have had chlamydia for 4 years and have had a healthy baby and then I ended up pregnant just last year. chlamydia messes up our fertility, so within four years of having this untreated std, I should have fertility issues. So I guess what I am getting to is that your husband could be testing positive for it but for NGU. And it could be that before either of you married, you could have had it. They say that it is a silent killer. That most do not have symptoms of it and if you do, its mild. I actually thought I had a urinary tract infection, but when my x- told me of his diagnosis, they symptoms I was having made sense. Sorry for the whole drawn out story.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]