ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Uncircumcised husband
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:45 pm 

My husband is uncircumcised but does that me he can carry chlamydia for a long time and have no signs and test negative while I tested positive twice?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:04 am 

I've been reading through your posts and it seems like this is a difficult time for you. I'm afraid I can't offer any definitive answers or explanations, but I can offer some information.

It does seem a bit difficult to determine your husband's history from what
you've explained. Has he ever been diagnosed with chlamydia? You did mention that he was treated after you were diagnosed, but I'm not clear if he was ever tested or diagnosed previously. Also, while you mention that you were treated years ago, were you ever retested after being treated? Have you ever had a specific test for chlamydia (not a Pap test) that was negative to indicate that your treatment was successful? Is it possible that either you or your husband did not clear the initial infection and passed it on once again after treatment? These are all questions you may want to discuss with your healthcare provider to clarify your situation.

Regarding your question above, it is certainly possible for a man to be infected with chlamydia but experience no signs or symptoms, circumcised or no. It is also possible for a man to have a false negative, or false positive, test result. You may want to wait until your husband receives his test results and then discuss some of these question with him and your healthcare provider.

While it is no doubt stressful dealing with such uncertainty, it is important that you remember to take care of yourself at this point. Heed the advice of your healthcare provider and be sure to follow his or her treatment plan. The good news in all of this is that chlamydia is curable, so make sure you and your husband take all medications as directed and follow the recommendations of your healthcare provider for restesting to ensure the infection has cleared.

Good luck.

Ally

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:36 am 

Yeah you may want to wait until your husband receives his test results and then discuss some of these question with him and your healthcare provider...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:11 am 
Site Admin

Bump...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]