ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: help!!!!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:03 pm 

my husband and i have been together for 4 years now and i just recently went to the hospital because i was not feeling well and i got a phone call the next day telling me that i had chlamydia. I have been told that the only way that you can get this is sexually but i had a friend staying with us that went to the hospital with the same symptoms as i had when i went to the hospital and when she came home she said that she was pregnant and that she was going to loose the baby if she did not take these pills for the next seven days do you think that she had chlamydia and just did not tell me if so could i have gotten it from her because i know for a fact that she was using my soap and she also was not using a washcloth? My husband swares up and down that he did not have sexual contact with any other people and i believe him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:08 pm 
Site Admin

Hi lrmr,

Thanks for your post. Chlamydia is transmitted through sexual contact, and I've never heard anything that documents getting it from a bar of soap or any routine bathroom use. This would be rare at best, if it were possible.

Newer chlamydia tests (called NAAT's) are almost always accurate, but of course there is a small chance of error. Your husband should be treated regardless of any test results, and don't have sex with him until he is (otherwise, chances are you could be reinfected).

I hope this helps.

Best,
Fredo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:56 am 
It is pretty odd that she had to take those meds to "not loose the baby" I don't know about catching it from her with out sexual contact though. Hopefully (not to be negative) your husband and her didn't have relations with her. Did you ask your doctor about possible ways it may have happend? and maby you should confront her about this. Good luck and I hope it all works out.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]