ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: worried
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:08 pm 

I have been working out in the heat all summer. For the last several months I have been having some irritation on the left side of my penis. At different points in the summer it was worse than others, but has never gone away. It is not super bad pain or irritation but it is something I notice everyday. I fist put neosporin on it with no success, then I tried changing my boxer shorts twice a day, and that helped maybe a little, gold bond powder helped the symptoms but never got rid of it, here for the past 4 or 5 days i have been putting antifungal cream on it and it has been helping. I know the only way to know that it isnt a std is to get tested, but i have been looking up info. and i dont have painful urination, blisters with any kind of puss coming out, etc. I was with a girl a few weeks before the symptoms happened and had some unprotected contact, but few symptoms that actually fit in with stds, I think i have been worried so much that i may be keeping myself from feeling better. Plus the avg herpes outbreak is like 3 weeks at most from what ive read, im going on 3 months now. I also have been starting to kinda feel like I have a temperature, and I know its wierd but it feels like its coming from the left side of my penis. Does this sound like an std or does it sound like chaffing that may have gotten infected somehow, the irritatiion is not deep red, only light. As far as the temperature, it has been extremely hot and I was working in that heat everyday until a week ago sweating excessively. Could it just be from my body ajusting to being in the airconditioning all day, when im out in the heat now I dont feel like i have the temperature.

Post subject: Re: worried
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:08 am 
Site Admin

JRB,

Welcome to our message boards. I will do everything I can to help. It sounds like you're already pretty knowledgable about STD symptoms and that you're aware this could be anything. -And it could be. Just because it's on the genital area doesn't necessarily mean it's a sexually transmitted infection. What you're describing can happen on other areas of the body, too.

Also, you're right. What you are describing isn't consistent with the way herpes works. Herpes generally causes outbreaks that heal up, go away and causes a later outbreak.

Do you have access to a doctor or a walk-in clinic nearby? It sounds like it would be in your best interest to have someone take a look at it simply because it'll bring you closer to solving the puzzle and aleviating your fears. You're not alone either. A lot of people have things like this happen and our minds immediately jump to some worst-case scenario. More times than not, it's usually a minor blip on the radar screen of life.

Please let us know how you're doing, okay?

Dharma

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]