ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:20 am 

Hi,
I recently had sex with a prostitute, I did use condoms. However i had fingered her and after while i used the same hands to change my condoms. At this point I had touched the inside of new condom while rolling it ON. Also some part of the upper shaft was not covered(one away from the tip). What are chances of beig exposed to infection HIV/AIDS/STD/STI?
After 3days i have 2 small bumps on my tongue. Could you please advice on what i need to do ?

I'm getting really axious. I feel really sick for what i have done as i'm starting to have a serious relationship with a girl from my class
What are Tests I need to undergo for confirmig on any kind of STD? Also what is the window period?
these thought are eating me up and i'm not able to concentrate on anything

plssssssss help....

Thanks
Sunny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:02 am 
Site Admin

Hello and thanks for your post,

In a previous discussion on testing I posted this:

Quote:
With HIV, it's usually recommended to wait at least three months after the last potential exposure to test (to give antibodies a chance to develop in detectable quantities), and blood tests for herpes are usually ok 12-16 weeks after exposure. Chlamydia and gonorrhea testing should also be good within the timeframe you mentioned.

Syphillis blood tests should be done no sooner than three months after a risky encounter. Blood work for Hepatitis B is generally reliable within 9 weeks (most will test accurately in about 4 weeks). Sometimes Hep C is also tested for (usually if the partner is diagnosed, rather than a general "what if?" screening), and the window here is around three months.

Ask your healthcare provider what testing, and when, they advise based on your circumstances.

Quote:
However i had fingered her and after while i used the same hands to change my condoms. At this point I had touched the inside of new condom while rolling it ON. Also some part of the upper shaft was not covered(one away from the tip). What are chances of beig exposed to infection HIV/AIDS/STD/STI?

I don't know how to size up how much risk, if any, exists in this specific scenario but in general, hands are an unlikely means of transmitting STIs. You're smart to be thinking about a general STI screening, but the risks of contracting HIV from handling the condom is probably slight at best.

Hope this helps,
Fredo

Post subject: Need some ans - plzzz
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:36 pm 

Do the Viruses always be present inside Vagina (I mean even before orgasm)?
Also how long do they survive when the fingers are exposed to air?

I have read somewhere tht Viruses come back to life on enterig a living body - is it true?

Also I have heard that i can immediately get tested for HIV - What is the Testi need to take at the ed of 7 days?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]