ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:07 am 

Hi. Yesterday, I found out that I tested positive for chlamydia at my annual pap smear. My doctor prescribed Zithromax, which is a powder-substance that you mix with water and drink.

I followed the instructions to the 'T' and almost immediately had soft stool. In a total of 4 hours I had 2 bad cases of diarrhea, as well as once this morning.

Last night, I was severely nauseous, though I didn't vomit because I didn't want to reduce the effectiveness of the medication. I also had chills, upset stomach, and headache.

I went to the website http://www.zmaxinfo.com/hcp.asp and found that these were all the possible side effects of Zmax.

Has anyone else had any experience with this medicine? Also, should I contact my doctor? I do feel better this morning.

Thanks!

Post subject: zithromax
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:01 pm 

i'm using zithromax & buying it here

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:10 pm 

Oh yeah I've had that same experience with the medicine. My doctor told me to take it with food and I did but I was very naseous. At any rate, it worked and cleared my infection. If you like you could call your doctor but if you are feeling better just give it another day. Just eat and drink lots of fluids. Ginger ale or 7 up may help your tummy feel better as well as a few saltine crakers. :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]