ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Protected yet risky?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:23 am 

Two months ago I had two times protected vaginal intercourse with different prostitutes. The condom was well used. Now what I'm asking is if these relations should still be considered at risk for HIV?

Thank you.

Post subject: Re: Protected yet risky?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:25 am 
Site Admin

skin2skin wrote:
Two months ago I had two times protected vaginal intercourse with different prostitutes. The condom was well used. Now what I'm asking is if these relations should still be considered at risk for HIV?

Thank you.

Good Morning Skin2skin,

As long as you received no sexual fluids from the woman's body into your body, there is not a way to become infected with HIV. When you say condoms were well used, I'm hoping that means that you used the condom from the beginning of the event to the very end. We like to say condoms can prevent STIs as long as they are used effectively and consistently.

Dharma

Post subject: body fluid
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:40 am 

(Body fluid) You mean no fluid went into my urethra or the pores of my scrotum let's say?

Post subject: Re: body fluid
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:38 pm 
Site Admin

skin2skin wrote:
(Body fluid) You mean no fluid went into my urethra or the pores of my scrotum let's say?

I mean that HIV infection only occurs when you get the vaginal secretions of the woman inside your penis or any openings in your body. Pores are not a way for HIV to enter the bloodstream.

I hope this helps. :D

Dharma

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]