ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Red Bumps
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:43 pm 

My story in a nutshell...

6 months ago I started dating my current boyfriend. It took a lot for him to tell me that he has herpes. He was diagnosed 10 years ago and has been on valtrex daily ever since. He rarely has an outbreak (once every 2 years)

5 months ago I found a bump on my vaginal opening. It was a Friday and when I found it, it felt like a bad zit. It was infected looking so I popped it and by Monday there was no sign that it was ever there. I couldn't get into my doc until the wed. and he told me it was most likely a clogged pore.

2 months ago the same thing happened.

2 weeks ago I got another bump near my vaginal opening. It didn't hurt, it wasn't infected. It was a small, slightly raised red (the color of my skin) bump. It went away within a week.

A week ago I got another bump. I bugged this one and it hurt like a bad zit. There was no infection, no popping, no blistering. It went away within a week.

On Friday I noticed another bump. This one hurt Friday without me bugging it. It's exactly like the others. As of today ( Monday) it's half the size, doesn't hurt at all and if the others are any indication it will be gone in 2 days.

I can't get into see my doctor and I'm going to an STI clinic tomorrow morning and won't leave until they fit me in.

I've read countless articles on HPV and Herpes but am confused as to what it may be.

Any suggestions? And can you really get clogged pores that close to your vaginal opening?

Post subject: Re: Red Bumps
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:11 am 
Site Admin

Jenny,

You're doing the right thing by going to a STD clinic today. It's certainly possible this could be herpes. However, it's is almost completely impossible for anyone over the computer or phone to shed light on what it is, exactly. It could also be acne at the same time. Having a trained professional take a look at you (and offer a test)r is the best way to get to the bottom of it.

One thing I can tell you is that the symptoms you're describing are not consistent with HPV. HPV can cause warts and warts do not come and go as you are describing.

Let us know how you're doing, okay?

Dharma

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:36 am 

Ok Update time.

So I went to the STD clinic. The nurse asked me a long list of questions to check for symptoms that I may have had. I really had no symptoms as in fever etc that are common with herpes. She drew blood for tests such as syphyllis and then came the exam.

She checked out the bump which had gotten smaller over night and determined that it was nothing more then 'acne'. She explained that it was a sebacious oil gland which is quite common in women and that individuals can get them regardless of having sex.

This was a relief to me but the only way to know for sure was to go to the clinic. I'm glad I did.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:21 am 
Site Admin

Jenny wrote:
This was a relief to me but the only way to know for sure was to go to the clinic. I'm glad I did.

I'm glad you did, too. Now you know what you have (and don't have). I'm very happy it turned out well for you. :D

Dharma

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]