ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:51 pm 

I have several sores on inner and outer labia. they are open and look pimple or herpes like but only sting slightly when urinating.
in monogamous relationship 3 years.
a year ago all routine std tests (including syphilis)negative.
i am under stress, recently have gone thru breast cancer treatment while losing my little sister to leukemia.so i may be more vulnerable to something dormant?i am sure there is no new exposure from other partners.
he gets cold sores on mouth sometimes,but does not have any now.
a few days ago we had vigorous oral-vaginal and anal licking and penile/vaginal intercourse.i may have been irritated by his chin stubble and i am not as well lubricated as before chemo.
could i get this condition from being chafed and the grief/stress? could it be transmitted from my own anus to my vagina?
what could it be and what should i do?it's saturday and i cant get to a doctor.i will when i can. but right now i could use some support and info. thanks much.
please help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:29 am 
Site Admin

Hi lifeis,

You've been through a lot this past year, to say the least. I'm sorry things have been so difficult for you. Not sure what is most likely the cause of the bumps you've noticed; could be things other than herpes, but the only way to tell is to have your doctor/nurse take a look. If possible, get to the clinic while symptoms are still there so they can see exactly what is happening.

I'm sorry for not having a better answer. Check back with us if you don't mind to let us know how you're doing.

All the best,
Fredo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:49 pm 

I went to the doctor and she said it looks like herpes.I will get blood test results dec 4.and took valtrex for 5 days. now the lesions are gone.
i dont know how this happened after 2 1/2 years monogamy, may be herpes 1-he gets lip sores tho he hasnt had one during this time-or somehow I/he didnt know we had type 2?It is not that painful, as i said.
but this outbreak was impossible to miss, which fits the pattern of the first outbreak being most intense.
Is it common to break out long after first infection?
being a cancer survivor, i am sorry i have to go thru this but it's only herpes-it ain't fatal!
thanks for your reply, it is good to feel someone wants to know how i am doing.
I will let you know how the tests pan out.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]