ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:30 pm 

My partner and I are very on and off, and the last time we had sex, I started to bleed. This was not normal for me so I got it checked out, and unfortunately I tested positive for Chlamydia.

I can accept the fact that I have chlamydia, and thank god that it is curable. But the hardest thing was calling my partner and telling him.

I have always used a condom and have only been with one other during our break, same goes for my partner. He says that he has always used a condom and his ex gf supposedly got tested recently and was negative. It's hard to believe because there have been numerous occasions where he has tried to not use one, but I made him anyways. And he's told me that his ex gf cheated on him with numerous people.

He thanked me for letting him know, but he seems to be upset and mad at me, and I feel like he is pointing a finger at me.
I go to a fairly small college, and we are both involved in Greek life. I'm afraid of the gossip that may spread.

So down to the point, I don't really know how to handle the situation anymore, I don't know what to do, other than take my antibiotics. I need advice and some reassurance

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:12 am 
Site Admin

Wordplay,

The emotional aspects of this can be difficult. However, you may not want to be crossing bridges before you come to them. It's possible your partner was not thinking what you preceived he was. Perhaps he was quietly realizing he was responsible and didn't know what to say. There are hundreds of things that go through or minds when we hear this type of news. He may never say a word to anybody about this.

The good part about this is that chlamydia is completely curable. Once you finish the antibiotics, you should be able to go on with life as usual.

Give yourself a hug for being a good person. You stood strong and notified your partner when, like you say, it was very difficult. Look around these boards and you'll see a lot of people who weren't told.

I hope this helps,
Dharma

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]