ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Bacterial Vaginosis
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:13 pm 

Ive had BV many times and i am quite sure that i have it again. Do i have to get a pap before i can get the cream of meds to clear it? and is there anything to prevent it from coming back. I know it is not from sex because im sure i have it and im quite celibant.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:53 am 

Hello,

No you don't have to wait and get a pap smear to get treatment for BV. However, the doctor will take a vaginal sample just to make sure that's it's BV. It's actually the most common vaginal infection and yest is second. I've also had it quite a few times . Clindesse is a good treatment for BV and it's only one dose of vaginal cream.However most doctor's treat with metronidazole and it make take a few refills to get rid of it.

Some ways to cut down on BV are wearing cotton undies, changing out of sweaty clothes asap, no deoderant products on the vagina, no douching, no perfumed pads,products, pantyliners,etc.

Yogurt may also help to keep BV down by keeping the vagina in a healthy balance.

Hope that helps :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:56 am 

Here' s the Clindesse site:

http://www.clindesse.com/

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]