ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: I have HPV
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:37 am 

It's a long story, but I noticed lumps/warts around the opening of my vagina.
I immediately thought it was HPV and I went to the doctor's to have it looked at the next day.
it was sore and such, the doctor looked and said he didn't think it was HPV.
anyway he took some tests, said I had a minor yeast infection and some sort of strep bacteria was in there (the same as in strep throat)
so he gav eme antibiotics and monostat.
so I took that, but the lumps didn't go away.
I decided to go to a different doctor, the sexual health clinic at my college.
She looked and said that it was HPV.
I've already been infected with cervical HPV and I have had a LEEP treatment and that's all good now.
but she said this is HPV, and she did the nitrogen treatment, I got that twice.
anyway all the while I have been having sex with my boyfriend and it is always painful and sometimes bleeds.
she took other STD tests, and they all came back negative.
anyway the las time I saw her she noticed leisions.
like little rip type things around the opening.
and those are what are really painful during sex.
she took a herpes swab, and I havn't gotten the results back from that cause the clinics been closed over winter and I was out of town.
anyway, what could the rips be?
she said they don't look like herpes, but she took the swab just to be safe.

i've had unprotected sex with my boyfriend since.
he has no symptoms of either HPV or herpes (althought he definitely has HPV now, but he didn't give it to me)

I kind of think that the rips (which havn't healed and it's been over a month) are due to tender skin of the HPV warts (which are large flesh coloured lumps) ripping open, and one in particular is kind of "hidden" underneath one of the warts in one area, and perhaps due to the moisture in my vagina it is preventing it from healing fully.
I have no idea.
and I'm really frustrated because i've been dealing with this for over two months and nothing has gotten even remotely better, i've spent alot of money of treatments that have done nothing.

What do you guys think?

thanks alot

Post subject: Re: I have HPV
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:30 am 
Site Admin

Chilipeppers,

Weclome to our message boards and I'm glad you posted.

This sounds frustrating for you. What you are describing could be one of any number of things. Have the results of the herpes test come back yet?

I'm not quick to jump on the herpes bandwagon right now because of the length of time you describe as having these symptoms. Typically, when one has herpes, they have outbreaks but those do go away and come back at a later time.

A lot of women do have tears around the vagina that can occur as a result of sexual activity. I would suggest a long talk with your doctor and ask if this could be any other STD or condition (if the herpes test comes back negative). One other RARE possibility that could be ruled out is molluscum contagiosum virus (MCV).

In adults, molluscum can be sexually transmitted by skin-to-skin contact. It may also be transmitted from inanimate objects that come in contact with the lesions. Transmission has been associated with swimming pools and sharing baths with an infected person.

Just an extra thought. I hope this is helpful. We'll be here if you need us.

Dharma

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:19 pm 

Thanks.

yeah I have had the symptoms for about a month and nothing has gotten better.

I do have alot of discharge and a funny odor, it's not unpleasant, just odd, sort of sweet.

I thought I might have a yeast infection so I used treatment for that but it doesn't seem to have done anything, I still have discharge and it is still itchy(this is something I forgot to meantion before)

and no I have not gotten the results back, she took the test weeks ago, and since the clinic has been closed I havn't gone back in, but on thursday i'm going to go and talk to her.

I hae been having sex, and it almost always hurts and bleeds.

I figure this is probably a reason why the cuts havn't healed.

I just don't know, she never told me to abstain from sex.

i hope she didn't think that was just like.... obvious.

I'm going to ask her if I shouldn't be having sex when I talk toher.
I probably shouldn't be, i just want this to go away.
it's been very stressful!

But thank you for your advice and support, it is helpful!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]