ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:08 pm 

Hello I am so glad I found this site I hope I get a response soon,
I have been married for 5 years and with him for 6 years. We have always been faithful and Now I find out I have an STI!!!! I was never checked before I got married becuase I wasn't with many men and haven't ever had unprotected sex before. He says he got checked before we were together and wasn t with anyone after he got checked before me so I NEVER had any worries. I have had two children with him and am pregnant now. Thats why I found out!! I was asked at the time when I was pregnant before if I wanted an Std check and said NO, now this new dr didn't ask me he just did it. SO am I to believe I have had this for 6 years and had two babies and never knew it!!! :cry: Am at risk for some sort of complications with this baby? I have noticed it was painful to have sex for the last two years, I just thought it was from having the last baby. I can tell you also that my hubby has very tender testicles and they are sumwhat swolle from time to time. Is this conformation that we have had it for 6 years and never knew it? Or is he a cheater and I am so stupid I never saw it?? :?:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:49 am 
Site Admin

Worriedandpregnant,

Chlamydia is easily treatable and it will not affect your baby. It's important that your husband also gets treatment right now as well so that he doesn't give it to you later.

It can be difficult to know how long one has had chlamydia but it's not terribly likely you've had it for 6 years. In that amount of time, it probably would have caused other problems like pelvic inflammatory disease or pelvic pain and fever.

Check with your doctor again to make sure the diagnosis is chlamydia and not bacterial vaginosis (which doesn't always occur through sexual transmission).

I hope this helps. I'll be here to answer other questions if you need me.

Dharma

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]