ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Gah! Bad news again. :(
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:15 pm 

So I have written on this message board before. Here is what has been going on with me. In June 2007 I had an abnormal pap smear. The doctor told me not to worry about it and come back in a few months. However, I did worry about it and went back after a month and a half and also asked for an HPV test. Thus, on July 2007 I discovered I had HPV, but the pap smear came back normal. I decided to take good care of myself. I took a multivitamin everyday, ate healthy, and tried to reduce the stress. In late December I went for another pap smear and this time it came back HPV positive and ASCUS. The doctor referred me for a colposcopy, which I am going to get on the Feb. 1. All this news has been really discouraging for me. I am afraid they will find cancer or something. I know a few people who have HPV and one is in her first stage of cancer and the other has to go through some procedure to get the pre cancerous cells removed. I am just really scared. Oh and during my last pap smear the doctor noticed yellow discharge and she was a bit concerned. I was tested for other STDs and all came back negative. So now I am freaking out what this discharge could be. I mean it has no smell, and is mostly white maybe with a little tint of yellow. Has anyone experienced this? and what are the chances of them discovering cancer in my biopsy? Sorry I am just going out of my mind. :cry:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]