ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Please HELP!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:41 am 

Well, I realize that my situation is entirely my fault, but I really need some help.

About a year ago I found out that my boyfriend at the time gave my Chlamydia and HPV. He was my only sexual partner and I thought I was his only partner. I spoke with my gynecologist and she said that the only way I could get those was from him since he was my only sexual partner. He admitted to cheating on me and he's still with this girl. I got treated for the Chlamydia and have been monitoring my HPV through regular pap tests. A few days ago, we were intimate again and had protected and unprotected sex. I don't think he's gotten any sort of treatment for his Chlamydia since I told him a year ago. I don't think he wants to break the news to his girlfriend or something. I'm really afraid that for some reason he'll test negative for Chlamydia since it's been so long. He doesn't have any symptoms as far as I know. He's the only guy I had been with at that point in time and I just don't know how likely it is that I got it from somewhere else like a toilet seat or something. I don't want him to think I made it up to ruin his relationship. I would really like for him to get treated because he has to be the one that gave it to me. I realize my actions a few days ago were very unwise and I plan to get tested at my next pap appointment. If anyone can offer any kind of advice or help I would really appreciate it.

Post subject: Re: Please HELP!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:52 am 
Site Admin

Gutz86,

Nice to have you here. Welcome! :D

Your partner needs to be treated because, not only is he probably giving chlamydia back to you (after you've been treated), but he's giving it to his other partner as well. All three of you need to be treated at the same time for this bacteria to get out of your lives.

Have you thought long and hard about this relationship and the risks associated with it? You're really dealing with a huge unknown at this point. His other partner could be sleeping around which, utimately, could be putting you at risk for STI's - even the dangerous ones.

If walking away is not an option, please consider condoms.

Dharma

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]