ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: help help so scared
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:40 pm 

I have been really confused and scared I was just diagnosed with genital warts on jan 29 I'm still trying to deal with that.now Im thinking I might have herpes (I'm getting tested for all other std tomorrow)I have suffered from cold sores since I was young so I know I have hsv1 for sure.I actually got a cold sore this weekend. From stress . I just want to know if I should have my husband tested he was tested about 4 years ago all test came back negative. I just want to know if I have hsv2 since I have hsv1. I don't think I can handle anymore of this.. I really hope I'm ok. sorry if this is so long..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:40 pm 
Site Admin

Apple,

1. You probably do have HSV-1 if you have cold sores. Your husband has a high chance of having HSV-1 simply because you have it.

2. Why would you have HSV-2 simply because you have HSV-1? There is no correlation. However, some people think that HSV-1 becomes HSV-2 on the gential area. Do you have sores on the genital area?

I would encourage you to check out the herpes thread because Betsy has explained this a few times quite professionally. Also, please peruse Fredo's posts on the HPV thread as he also addresses similar issues with HPV.

I will be here to help if you have more questions.

Dharma :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]