ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Abnormal Discharge
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:43 am 

I woke up this morning with discharge all on the outside of my vagina and inner thigh. It didnt have a smell. And it was slightly brown (majority white...just with a brownish tint) I was just tested for STD's about a month ago and i was treated for BV and after the BV treatment i was treated for a yeast infection. I have not had my period for the month so i know it isnt after mensus discharge. Any ideas on what this could be? Why did the discharge come out the way it did? Is this something that i should be worried about?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:23 pm 

I have had this happen before. Sometimes during ovulation, you can have this brownish discharge. Count back from the first day of the previous period to the time you had the discharge. Women usually ovulate about two weeks before the next period.

Also the BV may have came back. This is normal because BV is the most common infection . Yeast is second.Cervicitis is also a common ifection. If your cervix is infected then it will cause some bleeding. This can causew pelvic pain but so can ovulation.
However ovulation pain usually occurs on only one side where the ovary is happy go lucky releasing eggs.

I hope that helps but I'm guessing ovulation. If you have concerns , check with your doctor just to be sure.

Hope that helps and if you have questions, ask :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:26 am 

The best thing to do is to follow up with your provider. As isis mentioned - sometimes vaginitis doesn't clear up with just one round of treatment. I wouldn't think std as much as just plain ole sucks to be a female sometimes vaginitis as the issue.

betsy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:48 am 

I am going to make an appointment with my OB/GYN...its just so hard to get one on such short notice.
But the color of the discharge has slightly changed color. No more brown tint...now it is a yellowish tint...and it comes out creamy (gosh this sounds gross lol)and there is a lot of it. No itching, no irritation. I just started BCP in Feb and myperiod is off so i am not even sure if it is ovulation. (my brown pills are at the end of this week so hopefully i will start then)
Why does it keep coming back? I try my hardest to prevent it from coming....i changed my soaps to Dove unsented, iwash regularly, wipe from front to back...all the stuff they tell you to do to prevent all this stuff from happening, i do...so y is it still coming back?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:14 am 

Sometimes it's hard to break the vaginitis cycle no matter what you do. If your vaginal "flora" isn't in the right balance - it just makes it easy for the bacteria and/or fungus to over grow. It's not unusual for it to take several cycles of treatment to get it back under control.

betsy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:46 am 
Site Admin

Itsnotjusme,

Also, there's an off chacne this could be trichomoniasis. It's a parasitic disease caused by a single-celled organism (specifically a protozoan parasite). Trichomoniasis is the most common curable STI in young, sexually active women. An estimated 7.4 million new cases occur each year in women and men. It is found most often in women ages 16-35.

Women experience symptoms including a profuse discharge and vaginal itching or irritation. These symptoms are often cyclical, being most severe during or after menstruation.

As Betsy said, you might want to check with your doctor if it persists. If it's trich, it's just a matter of treating you (and a partner) with Flagyl.

Hope this helps,
Dharma

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]