ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Trich.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:39 am 

About a month ago I went to go see my gyn, and she told me I had Trich, She treated me for it. And it seemed like it went away.About a week later I realized that I was discharging again, im not with my partner anymore. And I was just wondering how much normally should someone discharge, and what else it could possibly be. If someone could please help me out here i'd appreciate it, i've been really scared lately.

Post subject: Re: Trich.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:51 am 
Site Admin

Hi Rachaelet008,

It sounds like you're having a rough time with this. I'll try to help, okay? :wink:

First, there are some pieces missing to this puzzle. What were you treated with? Did the doctor prescribe Flagyl? Did you have sex with your partner AT ANY TIME during or after the treatment? I'm asking this because you could have gotten it back immediately after being treated. You did mention you're no longer with this partner but I'm not clear if you were immediately after treatment. If so, was he treated, too?

As for the amount of discharge that's normal, it's difficult to explain. Some women have more than others. However, the thing to look for is whether or not it is tinged with blood (a symptom of trichomoniasis), green or yellow in color and/or malodorous. If any of these apply, it would be wise to see your doctor again. It's always possible that she diagnosed trich but missed one of the bacterial infections (chlamydia, gonnorhea) which are treated with antibiotics and not Flagyl.

Let me know if I can help you further!

Dharma

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]