ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: HPV
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:35 pm 

Hi, I'm a 19 yr old girl and found out i had HPV about a yr ago, i almost died! They told me i had GW and that i could get them removed, i used the acid a few times, but they came back, then i got them frozen off and they were gone.. then about 8 months later i went for a pap test and they said i had abnormal cells, i freaked and thought i had cancer and after tests they said i didnt, but there was this one bump down there that worried me, everytime i went i asked them about it they said it was nothing so i let it go.. well a few months went by and it annoyed me so i went back to my gyno to get it removed, while he was looking he said that he could see other warts that might have been left over from before to he would just re-freeze them all, no problem.. well that was 2 days ago and now my crotch looks like i broke out like crazy and i dont know if thats normal, before i went to the gyno i didnt see anything and now their very obvious! is that normal? i called my gyno and they havnt got back to me.. ever since i found out i had HPV i'm a complete mess.. i'm single so its very hard to talk to guys, everytime i meet someone i want to tell them because it upsets me that whoever gave it to me didnt tell me, but i cant run around telling every guy i talk to, cause guys my age are very immature and i know it would get around.. what i'm getting at is this is very upsetting and i really want to find a way to get rid of this.. i read up alot about different immune boosters but i dont know what what really works.. help please!!!

Post subject: Re: HPV
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:33 am 
Site Admin

Babycakes,

This is a little difficult to address as I can't see the breakout you have after your doctor's visit. Could this be irritation from having the few warts removed?
It's also VERY POSSIBLE that whoever gave it to you had no idea they had it. A lot of people have HPV and don't have any symptoms so they're not aware of the infection.
It sounds like you're dealing with a lot here. Have you thought about calling your doctor back and letting them know the gravity of this? They may be able to help in different ways. He/she could try another option for removing the warts and they can refer you to someone who may help you deal with this emotionally.

Plaese let me know what happens, okay? :)
Dharma

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]