ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:57 pm 

I had sex with a new partner three weeks ago. The next morning, I felt a little pressure in my urethra, and had a sore throat. I didn't think much of it, as I had sinus drainage, and it was possible that I hurt my penis during sex.

We had sex multiple times over the next four days.

On the sixth day after our first encounter, my sore throat hadn't gone away, nor had the strange urethra sensation.

I went to my doctor and got a positive Chlamydia result via urine test. I was prescribed a zpac...I forget the exact antibiotic, but it was four pills taken all at once.

I told my partner, and she went to her doctor. She also had a full range of tests, but she came back NEGATIVE for everything.

Three weeks later, I still show some symptoms. I've gone back to the doc to get a culture done, and the results are not in yet.

My question is: if this is chlamydia, how is it possible that she didn't catch it? Why did I only feel symptoms after sleeping with her, and why so immediate?

If it's NOT chlamydia...what on earth could this possibly be that wasn't caught via my full range of tests?

Any insight is greatly appreciated!!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:45 pm 

The results for my culture are back, and they say I still have Chlamydia, even after I took the antibiotics.

It still doesn't explain how my partner came back negative, though, especially when she had a culture test.

How bizarre is all of this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:19 am 

Maybe ur lucky to only have Chlamydia which can be cleared up vs. any of the others that can't! It's time u start using with every encounter, condoms before u contract other STDs that can't be fixed with a pill. As for the girl, how much do you know about her? She could have it, getting treatment and just not admit it. Bottom line, protect yourself better!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:58 am 
Site Admin

SeattleSlew,

It sounds like you're really struggling with this on several levels. Could it be possible you go this from a partner prior to this partner? There are a lot of variables when it comes to this type of thing. Like Bucky said, she may have it and be too embarrased to tell you or perhaps she had a false negative test.

However, it does sound like your doctor is onto what you have and there is a cure for chlamydia.

Dharma

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]