ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Stressing out
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:08 am 

I recently received oral sex while wearing a condom. I am stressing out about if I can get infected with HIV? There was no visible blood in her mouth and I read everywhere that it is not transmittable via saliva. Am I at risk for anything else? I also never finished. I am just nervous and also feel horrible. I read everywhere that there have been no reported cases of infection this way and also that the chances of getting it were .005%.
Thanks for the responses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:33 am 
Site Admin

Hi and thanks for posting. I don't think receiving oral sex is considered a great risk for HIV. Some other STDs might be more likely contracted this way, if the person has an oral infection (like gonorrhea and chlamydia) but wearing a condom probably reduces the risk a good bit.

If you find yourself worrying, it's a good idea to talk with your doctor about having some basic STD tests done - sometimes the best reason to do this is just because you are worrying so much!

I hope this helps. Let us know if you have other questions.

Best,
Fredo

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]