ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: smelly odor
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:16 am 

I got an odor after my partner ejaculated on me during sex. I washed, bleached, and used everything to stop the smell and itch for 2-years. Then I went to my doctor... he gave me a anti-fungul cream. It worked, but so does vaseline. Also, if I do not apply daily, the itch and smell return. Also, my new partner has a slight vaginal itch. Her doctor said it was a slight yeast infection. A 3-day treatment has her feeling ok. But my itch is still here. I never smelled before.. for 35+ years! Now I cannot kill the smell.

A key: I was treated for NGU last month and felt GREAT for once. So I stopped taking the antifungal cream. But after two weeks, the itch is back. I think my partner may have re-infected me.... after I infected her. Answers?

:x :x :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:38 pm 

I don't know what the smell is like, but you should stay on the cream for at least 2 weeks after symptoms go away. You and your partner could also be treated at the same time with diflucan, as it sounds like you might be ping-ponging yeast back and forth.

Jess

Post subject: Smelly balls
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:30 am 

The smell is like bad raw chicken... a crotch smell that is fowl. We are going to the doctor together next time and while she is not itching, we will not have sex.

I wonder if the cream made her have a yeast infection?? That might explain her itch. But would a man's balls itch due to a woman's discharge??

Thanks for your reply,

Post subject: itch response
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:19 pm 

It sounds like a yeast infection on your skin. You may want to try wearing looser fitting underwear to keep your skin cooler. Or none if you can get away with it. If you work a job where you get hot or sweaty, shower immediatly after comming home and the most important thing is to wear powder daily.But not baby powder, Get over the counter foot fungus powder spray or fungus powder. YOu get it in the section for foot care its an antifungal powder. It helps kill the fungus and keeps you cool. It sounds to me like a form of jock itch and that spray will kill it. GIve it a few days. and yes , you can spead that. another thing to consider, if you use condoms, you or your partner may be allergic to the latex in them. Latex allergies will give you bad yeast infection symptoms.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:34 am 

Thanks for your reply. I will start using the powder and shower after work. Do you think my bed is infected... or should I say, is it carrying the fungus and I pick it up again after sleeping... If that is the case... what would kill it in my clothes??

I took a risk: I used the yeast treatment for women "Monostat 7" and only that. I rubbed the cream on my inner thigh and on my penis and scrotum. The itching stopped. Yeaa! (but for how long??)

Also, with good news comes bad.... I performed oral sex on my girlfriend who had the itch/yeast infection and she took "Monostat 3" after she started to itch and was OK after 2-days. We were sexually active 3-days later and NOW I have a sore throat! I tried salt water, throat spray, and mouth wash. It seems to be going its course w/o relief... It moved up slowly to my sinus and now I feel like I have a bad cold. The thing that helped me feel much better was BC Power. I swollowed it dry to coat my throat. RELEAF!! So, I am doing that twice a day. I guess the runny nose will go away in a few days....

Help.... :(

Post subject: smelly odor
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:47 am 

The powder is working well. Also the doctor told me to wash and dry and wait 5-10 minutes before putting on clothes to may sure I am dry.

I wash my clothes and add a cup of vinager in the rinse cycle. This also softens the clothes.

I was concerned about the spread of the fungus on clothes, but no one responded. So, thinking that vinager helps women, I sprayed vinager on my sheets and cover after getting out of bed. Things seem to be much better now!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]