ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:39 pm 

I am so scared and I don't know what else to do! I was diagnosed with "low risk" HPV and was treated in Feb this year. Also I have NOT been sexually active for a very long time! My doctor explained that stress and poor nutrition could have triggered the outbreak. Anyway to make a long story short, after 2 sessions I was all cleared up and I even started my vaccines just as extra measure! About 2 days ago I noticed some itching down there and when I inspected the area, I noticed a small little bump. I am pretty sure it's the HPV acting up since I read outbreaks can occur up to 3 months until the immune system takes over!
But the next day I noticed a heavy discharge. At first it was kind of watery (but milky in texture) and yellow. This morning I noticed it was thick similar to a yeast infection but yellow to very light green. In Feb my doctor tested me for everything (gonorrhea, Chlamydia, trichomoniasis, herpes and yeast infection … etc.) and all came back negative. Also I have a very slight/mild pain in my lower abdomen that comes and goes.
What could this be? I have not been sexually active in any form and other then stress; I have not exposed myself to any risk factors. Someone please help!!!!!!!!!
I have already scheduled an appointment with my doctor but it’s not until the 17th of this month!
I am really scared since this is the first weird thing for me. I just want to make sure this is not dangerous for my overall health!
:cry: [/i]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:48 am 
Site Admin

LooLoo,

Those symptoms are not terribly likely to be related to HPV. HPV affects the skin and doesn't really cause a discharge or a pain in the lower abdomen. If it gets worse, I would encourage you to call your doctor's office. Just because you were tested for a yeast infection in February doesn't mean you didn't get one in April. Yeast is not sexually transmitted.

Dharma

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:06 am 

I actually had a very similar experience, and found that alot of the symptoms of yeast infections tend to look like other things, such as an sti. Don't get treated until you know, or it will get much worse.

It's frustrating, a bit embarrassing, but treatable =) .

Of course, talking to your doctor will be the best thing to make sure your ok.

good luck and i hope all turns well.

Post subject: Ok I am better now!
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 1:35 am 

Thank you both for your advice and words of comfort. As it turns out it was a bad yeast infection caused by non other ... stress! So I feel better now! Thank you both again! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 6:14 pm 
Site Admin

Excellent, LooLoo!
I'm so happy to hear it's a happy ending!! :D
Dharma

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]