ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: One Month?!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:25 am 

I tested positive for chlamydia when they did an STI test during my first pap. As soon as I got the results I told my husband and I went in to get medication. I was given Zithromax mixed in water for a one dose solution. The doctor told me it would take 2-3 days to take effect but not to resume having sex until after 7 days AFTER my husband gets treated.

My husband got treated a few days afterwards with the same medication but his provider (at the same clinic) told him not to have sex for a whole month. :shock: I find that time frame a little bit (ok, alottta bit) insane. Should we really wait that long just because his doc said so? I'm kind of just wanting to take my doctor's advice especially since it was the same little packet we took.

Also my husband and I have been married for a little over two years and right before dating him I was with a guy who had a lengthy sexual history..and cheated on me. I know he didn't use protection with the other woman. This,his sexual history history, and my stupidity definitely put me at risk. My husband always used protection before he and I dated so I honestly believe I am the one who brought this in our relationship. Is it possible for me to have had it for over two and a half years?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:03 am 

you only have to wait 1 week - not an entire month!

betsy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]