ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: yeast infection?
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 1:12 am 

I noticed copious amounts of discharge a few weeks ago and thought i had a yeast infection. The yeast medicine seemed to make everything very sore then it started to hurt to urinate, but not like a normal tract infection, its like the skin down there is being splashed with acid when I pee and it is excruciating.

I went to the doctor and they said I had a urinary tract infection as well as a yeast infection. They also said my cervix was very abnormal and it looked like chlamydia but they werent sure. They just decided to hop me up on antibiotics. Seriously. They prescribed 3 and gave me a shot of one in the office. Its been a week and my pills are almost gone but I have seen no improvement. If only I could stop peeing to let the skin down there heal.

Can a yeast infection cause that much swelling, rawness and discomfort when urinating?

I was almost convinced I had herpes before I went in, but he said it didnt look like it since I had no sores.

Post subject: Re: yeast infection?
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 10:26 am 
Site Admin

Kissqueen,

Your doctor's immediate thought was probably on a yeast infection or chlamydia as those are the two conditions associated with the kind of discharge you are describing. Have you let them know you are still experiencing intense pain?? Did they take blood for a herpes test? It is entirely possible that it is herpes and that's why the yeast infection meds may have burned more.

Let me know. Also, here are a few ideas that may help relieve the pain until you get the help you need:

Aspirin, Ibuprofen,or acetaminophen (such as Tylenol) may help relieve the pain you're feeling.

Applying ice packs to site of pain can offer temporary relief.

Bathing in shallow tub of water with drying agent (Epsom salts, Burrow's solution, etc.) may help dry out the area. Piece of cloth soaked in solution and placed on lesions can substitute for bath.

Frequent bathing may cause further skin irritation due to abrasion/drying of skin.

Use mild soap and gently pat area dry with clean, soft towel, or use blow dryer set on cool to dry thoroughly and reduce irritation to area.

Wear 100% cotton underwear and avoid nylon panty hose. Tight fitting clothes may also cause irritation.

To reduce pain while urinating, try pouring warm water over genitals while urinating, urinating while sitting in tub of warm water or using toilet paper tube to redirect flow of urine away from lesions.

Please let me know how you're doing. :)

Dharma

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]