ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 1:49 pm 

So, about a year ago my boyfriend cheated on me and we both got tested. i had a blood and urine test including HIV, he got blood, urine, and physical exam. mine was all okay and he said his was too. but about a month ago i noticed small liittle bump type things...dont hurt, open or tear or turn into sores...they almost look like little skin pulls ya know? but in the last month or two its gone from one to like five and they are all around my vagina and one on my inner thigh. any ideas on what this could be??

im scared that if my bf had anything he might have been too embarressed to admit it. :( and i had heard rumors about one of the girls he slept with having genital warts...could i have that??

also, i dont know if this makes a difference, but i have had frequent yeast infections for about four years now. they are hard to get rid of but arent painful or anything. i had one not too long before the bumps showed up and now i have another one? could they be related?

I really need some advice here as I have NO idea what these could possibly be...they sound nothing like the sores and stuff that people say about herpes and they dont appear and go away so i dont think its that. but what about genital warts??

PLEASE HELP!!! Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:54 am 
Site Admin

Hi Ind39,

It sounds like you're pretty stressed about this. It's hard to know exactly what's going on over the Internet but I will try to help.

First, generally when people go in for STD testing, they are not tested for herpes or HPV - especially at the county health departments. A lot of people mistakenly believe they were tested for all STDs. Usually the tests they do (when you ask for STD testing) is HIV and the bacterial infections like chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis. You can ask your bf if he knows exactly what he was tested for or if he has the test results somewhere.

With this, you may want to have a health care provider take a look at you while you have symptoms. Sometimes they can get a good idea about what's going on just by seeing what you're describing. If it's herpes, they can do a specific blood test called an IgG which should be reliable.

Please let me know how you're doing - if you would, Okay?

Dharma

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 12:48 pm 

Well, i know i just got the standard tests includng HIV, and so did he. except he had the physical exam.
but if they show up and stay there and never hurt or turn into blisters or anything, they probably arent herpes right?? what do genital warts look like??
and thanks for the quick response...im kinda freaking out about this. my ex has a new gf and shes a friend of mine and im afraid to tell her if its a false alarm but i also dont want him giving it to her if its something bad.
anyways, thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 4:59 pm 

This does sound suspicious for genital warts but it could also be many other things. The best thing to do is what dharma already suggested - go be seen sooner rather than later and find out what is really going on. If these are warts - they are merely a cosmetic issue and can be removed.

betsy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]