ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:08 pm 

This question doesn't have to do with any std/sti, but I cannot find any information on this question anywhere else, after 2 days of looking.

First off I am quite certain that neither my girlfriend or I have any std's or sti's. We are both virgins (and are the first to touch each other in any way), and we enjoy oral sex. We have decided to experiment with anal-oral play, but we have one question. Is it safe to go from anal-oral, and then to vaginal-oral sex? We know this isn't a safe act with a penis or finger, but what about a tongue?

We are aware of the risks involved in anal-oral play alone, and we still want to do this. We just want information on anal-oral to vaginal-oral play, and what risks are associated with that. Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:42 am 
Site Admin

Hi shoescreen,

I'm not an expert on this by any means, but it seems to me any object, be it sex toy or body part, that is in close contact with the anus could then carry bacteria or fecal matter. Washing hands and sex toys, then, would be a good idea afterwards, and probably cleaning the mouth before kissing or engaging in oral sex wold be a good idea, too.

FWIW, some couples use a barrier for anal-oral contact, such as a piece of plastic wrap or a dental dam.

Interesting question, and a very good one that I'm sure many people will look at and say "Wish I'd asked that..." Thanks for posting.

Best,
Fredo

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]