ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:09 am 

It'll be a month ago as soon as the 29th of June hits since I had unprotected sex with my friend. We pretty much did everything we could think of and each of us told th other we were clean...I was tested a month before and was spotless. This is the first time I've done something so stupid but I just talked to him last night and he said he had gotten a bladder infection or SOMETHING right after we had sex...
He went to the Dr and they told him it was probably a bladder infection but may be something else. they never contacted him with results of the exam however...
I got strep throat about a week after we had sex, so I'm wondering if I could given him the bacterial infection from oral sex? I think I was in the dormant stage of strep so I had no clue until I woke up a lot later and had to get a penicillin shot in my ass last week.

I'm going to get tested of course in case he has anything and the bladder infection was a result of someone else he could have been with.

Nothing's shown up on me, I don't feel any different down there or up in my throat but I want to make sure...

Any ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:25 am 
Site Admin

Hi Shinma,

Thanks for your post. Yeah, not a bad idea to ask your healthcare provider what tests they might recommend. It seems from your post that his doctor's didn't mention STDs so it might well be unrelated (STDs often don't cause symptoms), but getting yourself checked out after being with a new partner is never a bad idea.

Chlamydia testing, for example, is generally recommended for sexually active women 25 and younger, as well as women older than that with new partners or who've had unprotected sex. Most individuals are urged to have at least one HIV test in their lifetime (nothing specific in your post led me to mention that). Depending on risk and personal factors, other testing may be suggested, too.

Take care and post again if you have any questions.

Best,
Fredo

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]