ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: STD's
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:10 pm 

Can a two year old get any STD's from swimming in a public swimming pool? I know its a crazy question but I am trying to find out. Because his mother seems to think so.

Post subject: Re: STD's
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:27 am 
Site Admin

Whcatkit wrote:
Can a two year old get any STD's from swimming in a public swimming pool? I know its a crazy question but I am trying to find out. Because his mother seems to think so.

No but now I understand why you're asking. Your two year-old cannot get an STD from a pool. I'm sure there is more to this story. If you feel comfortable, please elaborate so we can discuss further.

Dharma

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:17 pm 

My son and daughter in law are getting a divorce, my son has phycial custody right now, the mother is trying to get the two year old back. My sixteen year old daughter has taken him several times to the Rec Center to swim and now the mother is taking my son back to court again, because she claims that her son contracted STD's from the pool. Of course, she has not been smart enough to take him in for test, because the Dr. told me that there is no way. I was wanting information because this has just really hurt my daugher. She would never in her life do anything to hurt her nephew, but my daughter in law has threated her to about taking her to court. I wanted her to read and understand that she has done nothing wrong.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:36 am 
Site Admin

Okay. This all makes sense. I'm glad the doctor told you it couldn't happen because it can't. If it could we would all have whatever STD it is the lady claimed came from a pool.
I hope you and your daughter have found enough information so that your daughter KNOWS she didn't do anything wrong.

Dharma

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]