ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:17 am 

Ok, Friday 27th July - I had unprotected sex with this girl, which is a huge slip up on my part as I'm usually really careful. Afterwards, I was pretty wiped out so went to sleep without showering.

A couple of days later, I had some penis irritation [uncircumcised] - reddish patches, white smegma like buildup etc. My friend told me I might have thrush, so I borrowed some cream from her which cleared up the external irritation within a day or two but I'm still using the cream as the pack says to use it for a couple of weeks.

Maybe four days ago, I noticed a slight discharge from my penis but thought it was ok as I read that was another symptom of thrush. However, within the past couple of days, it's started to burn when I pee. I know that's a thrush symptom too, but why so much later than the rest?? Should I keep applying the cream for another week?

I'm starting to majorly worry I might have chlamydia, as a lot of the symptoms I've read for that match those for thrush. And then this morning, I notice what looks like a single drop of blood in my urine...maybe from straining to go, or a UTI accompanying the thrush/chlam?

Im going to my GUM clinic on tuesday, but I would really appreciate any advice you might have, or any insight into what I have!!

Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:06 am 
Site Admin

Brad,

You're doing the best thing possible by seeing a health care provider today. It's not a good idea to diagnose yourself because you could be wrong and treating it with the wrong medication can make it worse.

Please let me know how your appointment went - if you will. :)

Dharma

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:40 pm 

hey so I went today, whether it was a UTI or a urinary tract infection the nurse said because the symptoms have lessened it's probably going away by itself but I got checked for urine and blood borne stds anyway - it was worth going to get everything checked out, put my mind at ease a little and has made seriously rethink some life choices!

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:13 am 
Site Admin

brad3091 wrote:
hey so I went today, whether it was a UTI or a urinary tract infection the nurse said because the symptoms have lessened it's probably going away by itself but I got checked for urine and blood borne stds anyway - it was worth going to get everything checked out, put my mind at ease a little and has made seriously rethink some life choices!

Excellent! I'm glad you got it worked out.

Blood born STDs? Do you mean Hep and HIV?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:26 am 

Did you ever come to understand the cause of this infection?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]