ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:50 pm 

I been having on and off issues with my friend down there for about a year. It first started off as a UTI and then that UTI never went away until a year later then the foul smell came along like a bacterial infection. I was tested for numerous thing like pelvic, ovaries, thyroid, stds, herpes, hpv and nothing everything over the years have been negative but its frustrating to get tested and luckily still nothing shows up but i am just paranoid and concerned i have the itching and before in the beginning i had the burning and then the smell. my discharge is normal at all times. like a year ago, I started feeling as if i had a yeast infection after i shaved down there- itching, burning on the lower part of my lips i got about 2 over the counter creams and nothing helped so i saw my doctor and I was tested for stds and infections and everything is negative. I ve gotten tested a few times and nothing is found. they told me if i had shaved i had caused the itching and burning from that. its like on the lower part of my inside lips of the vagina but it lasted a long time and came back a few months after i used the cream the doc gave me and i reapplied it and it took it away, Presently, i dont have the smell or the itching but it looks like I have broken out a lil dont know if it is from stress or sum pills i had taken or just bc of sweat. I have felt a small pimple b4 and i got paranoid and went to the er to get tested for herpes bc a doc had mentioned it to me b4 to just be aware of it and they popped the little pimp and it turned out to be negative they felt it was a folliculistis (something to that effect) from shaving i was given some cream to take the itching away and it work but it is still senstitive from time to time but it sometimes causes fowl odor it comes and goes. been a few months since i applied the cream and it hasnt came back. this week I have spotted like 3 lil skin colored pimples i guess. they are not vagina or white or red and not blistered or warts cant even see them but can feel them-- i am concerned can you help... Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:51 am 

You have a very complex past medical history for issues down yonder which makes this probably too much for a forum like this to be honest :( It's not quite so cut and dry for someone who's been thru the wringer like you have been recently. At this point you'll need to go back to your provider and be examined yet again. I know how frustrating it is - been there done that. A few years ago I spent over a year going back over and over again just to even find out what was going on and then it took 3 more years after that to get a decent handle on it :( Sometimes it just sucks being female and you can't always find the answers so easily.

If you aren't already seeing one, a urogynecologist would be the best person for follow up. they specialize in all of the female urogenital tract and sometimes think of things that regular gyn's/gp's don't think about.

Also if your only herpes testing was a lesion culture - you should follow up with a type specific herpes igg blood test just to err on the side of caution.

Feel free to ask more questions and I"ll certainly try to add some guidance :)

betsy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]