ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:28 am 

For the past 5-6 months I have been suffering from Prostatitis. Mainly just burning during and after urination but no discharge. Is it possible that it could be cause by Trichomonas instead? My prostatitis appeared less then 24 hours after having sex so I know that's a very short window for symptoms to appear for Trichomonas but at the same time I am 22 year old male who is physically active. I was treated for Gonorrhea and Chlamydiae but I tested negative with a sample taken before the treatment. Of all three anti-biotics I have been on I only reacted to dyoxycycline which has given me some pain relief.

The point is. I have been treated with many different drugs for prostatitis even drugs that relax the prostate but nothing has really done anything. I read some articles on linking Prostatitis with Trichomonas but its mostly just theory I found and not fact. My other idea is that I somehow physically hurt myself during sex without me noticing and its causing the Prostatitis.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:11 am 

Prostatitis can be difficult to get to the bottom of :(

Usually they examine your urine under the microscope to diagnose it. They would've seen trich when they did that. If you are still having symptoms return to your provider for another urine sample and proper testing. You can talk to your doctor about a round of flagyl to cover trich and fungal infections too while you are there.

betsy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:14 pm 

Tha'ts what I am thinking. I might just push for Flagyl after I am done with this three month course of Dyoxycycline. My prostitis is better then when it first started but not its started to stall out and its just a normal level of irritation not getting worse or better.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]