ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:40 am 

My doctor just called to tell me that I also have a UTI. So tomorrow, I have to pick up 2 perscriptions. I wonder if that also contributed to the itching/burning I've been experiencing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:22 am 

bactrim would help with both the skin issue and the uti. do you have a good prescription plan I hope?

HOpefully you are feeling better soon :)

betsy

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:38 am 

betsyb1967 wrote:
bactrim would help with both the skin issue and the uti. do you have a good prescription plan I hope?

HOpefully you are feeling better soon :)

betsy

Thanks Betsy. Yes, I do have a good perscription plan through work which I'm very glad about. This is the second UTI I've experienced in less than a year (first one was a very traditional UTI, very painful, frequent urination) this one caught me completely off guard (as did the BV diagnosis). I'll see what my doctor recommended as to treatment. I'd rather not have to take 2 perscriptions at the same time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:40 pm 

Hi Betsy, I wanted to give you an update. I finished one of the antibiotics (batrim) and still have about 2 weeks to go on the other antibiotic. Not surprisingly, I checked and my vulva was bright red and there was a thick white discharge. I believe it is yeast, but I'm concerned with moving ahead with that assumption given my recent BV incident. Should I get seen by the clinic on Monday to validate my assumption or just ask my doctor to call in for the one day pill for yeast?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:11 am 

It's probably yeast but give them a call monday and they'll advise you as to if they think it's worthwhile being seen or not.

We are just gonna have to get you the "sucks being female sometimes" tee shirt I think - what a mess of it you are having lately :(

betsy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:06 am 

betsyb1967 wrote:
It's probably yeast but give them a call monday and they'll advise you as to if they think it's worthwhile being seen or not.

We are just gonna have to get you the "sucks being female sometimes" tee shirt I think - what a mess of it you are having lately :(

betsy

Thanks Betsy, I'm pretty sure she will say yeast as well. Fortunately, I'm not feeling as irritated as I've been known to be in the past. I'm also wondering if it even makes sense to treat it when I still have 2 weeks to go on the other antibiotic. BTW, I'm not really seeing any difference on my buttocks yet. It would stink big time if I had to do another course of a different antibiotic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:43 pm 

Hey Betsy. My doctor informed me that I have high risk HPV and I need to schedule a colposcopy. This is disappointing as I was diagnosed with low risk HPV earlier this year. Also, she does not want to perscribe me with any yeast pills until I finish the antibiotic. I just feel pretty awful at the moment. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:01 am 

sorry to hear that everything is hitting you at the same time :(

betsy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:48 am 

Hi Betsy, just wanted to give you a quick update. After a few days of being relatively pimple free, the pimples on my buttocks are back. The other day a rather hard, red one (I think it is boil) showed up. It had a red ring around it and was warmer to the touch. I have been putting some triple antibiotic cream on it and it seems to be helping (the ring seems to be gone..but it is still painful). It's perplexing though because I have been using an exfoliating pad and acne soap every evening and yet, these pimples keep appearing. Any thoughts on possible next steps?

And on top of that, I'm pretty sure I either still have a yeast infection or that the BV is back (vulva redness and occational vulva and anal itchiness).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:52 am 

sorry to hear that you still don't have all of this gone yet :( Call your provider monday to make an appointment for further evaluation.

betsy

Post subject: SIGH!!!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:43 am 

Ok...I went to my doctor today..she said the pimple wasn't a big deal. She took 5 seconds to look at me and said there was nothing wrong. She said that I am obsessed and that I don't have anything...no lesions, no bumps, no cuts...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:59 am 

If you aren't better in a week, follow up with a different provider for a 2nd opinion then.

betsy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:27 am 

betsyb1967 wrote:
If you aren't better in a week, follow up with a different provider for a 2nd opinion then.

betsy

Hey Betsy...wanted to give you an update. I went to the clinic for a second opinion and the doctor there also believed it was a pimple and gave me an acne medication to put on any pimples that I find. My partner is using the "if you don't have it then I don't have it" line so I'm just going to get tested every 6 months and if something unusual appears, I'll go to the clinic. I really do care about my partner and want to continue to be with him so we will see and I'll keep you posted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:53 pm 

You put up with his refusing to get tested?????

glad things are going better for you :)

betsy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:56 am 

betsyb1967 wrote:
You put up with his refusing to get tested?????

betsy

I knew you would ask. The relationship has complications and I'm trying to impress upon him that it is important for him to know for his own knowledge but so far all he is hearing is that I am accusing him of having it (which is getting us absolutely nowhere). I'm trying to find a different approach and in the meantime, I'm doing what I need to do for myself.

I just don't get why men can sometimes be so defensive about it. Any thoughts that you may have on getting beyond this wall are appreciated.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2