ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:31 pm 

For the past four months my discharge has been different than normal, light yellow in color and with a strong smell. This most likely resulted from an incident of unprotected sex. However, I've been tested for chlamydia and gonnorhea twice and have neither, and I've also been told that my test came out negative for yeast. In the past two weeks I've had genital warts appear. Is it possible that there is anything else that could be causing the discharge?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:21 am 

When they do your exams, do they also test you for yeast and bacterial infections? do they mention that your cervix looks inflammed or anything? have they treated you with anything so far?

Don't hesitate if your regular provider isn't able to figure out what is going on, to see someone else for a 2nd opinion.

betsy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:18 pm 

Hi Betsy,

Thanks for your advice. I was told that no bacterial or yeast infection was found. I would like to know if this could be caused by cervical dysplasia/cervitis, if I should get a Pap smear soon or just ask for a coloscopy right away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:49 pm 

You have had discharge for 4 months now. It's time for a further evaluation to find out what is going on. They will do an internal exam and let you know if it looks like a cervicitis or anything going on. They also will test your vaginal secretions for infection .

betsy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:52 pm 

I just spoke to the person who diagnosed me with HPV based on the presence of GW last week, and she informed me that its possible that even 2 months after initial infection, at which point I was stilling testing negative for chlamydia, gonnorhea and bacterial infections, that it is still possible that they might have been false-negatives, and she will examine me for them again on Friday. If I'm still coming out negative for everything, I will schedule a Pap smear with another practitioner very soon and hopefully I'll be able to find out what's going on.

I've been misdiagnosed this whole time and that's why four months later I'm still having this problem.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]