ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Prostatitis or STD?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:36 am 

I love this board and I came here when I found that I was showing symptoms of HPV a couple months ago and have been symptom free since I had them burned off but I had this one lingering issue I have been trying to have diagnosed correctly and maybe someone has a similar situation on this board.

Around a year ago I had unprotected oral sex and protected vaginal sex. Within 12 hours of this I went to the bathroom with an intense burning while urinating. After this I have always had a constant burn/itch on the tip or inside my urethra. This pain has rarely gone away in a year so the pain lingers pretty much all the time except after waking up I wont feel it until I move around. Ive had the swab test, prostate ultrasound exam(prostate cancer/infection), and another exam where they stuck a camera through the Urethra to check the bladder. Nothing came up on the swab test, slight calcium deposits on the prostate, and inflammation of the Urethra which explains the pain. Now one thing I did after sex was not go to the bathroom right away and I held it for a while and a while I mean it hurt to hold it so I don't know if that caused anything. And one thing I have noticed is that if I have to go to the bathroom like a bowel movement, the longer time before I go will result in relief in pain in the urethra but greater pain once I finally go.

I am just trying to find some areas to consider for this condition. At first I thought it was definitely an STD, but to have an STD show symptoms less then 12 hours after sex? A virus needs time to infect cells and bacteria needs some time to grow. Advil tends to relieve the pain but not completely and onions/beer will inflame it. Ive been seeing a urologist but since my new job I have to wait for free days to go back. I am just curious to see if anyone has any insight on this board with this situation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:17 am 

It sounds like you've had a thorough work up so far to cover the bases for the usual suspects. Continuing to follow up with the urologist is the best course of action.

http://www.pelvicpainhelp.com/ is a website I've always found incredibly interesting and I recommend it often. Might be some interesting reading while you are waiting for your follow up appointment. Lots of reading on the site without having to order their book.

Is this a std related issue? Not really. Normal mouth flora sometimes isn't so normal when it's introduced into the urethra thru oral sex but you've had countless urine samples given and many exams so any bacterial or funguses that you would've picked up then would've been detected for treatment by now. Even any viral causes would've run their course by now.

I'm sure this is incredibly frustrating for you though not to mention painful. I hope you get answers and relief soon for it all.

betsy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:32 pm 

Yeah, the pain is just the worst part sometimes its just really bad like the past two days but then like ten days ago I felt barely anything. Its also stressful being only 23 and living with this.

I've mostly ruled out STD's considering viral probably wouldn't last 24/7/365 and a bacteria infection would have shown up somewhere by now, I don't really know if it could be a parasite either, although I might just go get the works done and get fully tested for everything just for the sake of mind so I stop thinking about it.

And I looked at the link and I have been reading more and more on pressure point therapy which was used on me before to relieve a sports injury that finally went away.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]