ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: HPV? Yeast?
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 12:38 pm 

Hello,

About three months ago I had a high risk encounter and since then have had some minor STD symptoms and highly acute stress. I have been tested for HSV as well as clamydia, HIV, gonn.) at 9 weeks and it was negative. Since I still have symptoms I am exploring other possibilities (as well as planning a more definitive HSV test). I know you all can't diagnose me, but the Dr.s I have seen are not very helpful so any insight is appreciated.

I have pain mostly achy sometime shooting in my penis, testicles, and where I think my prostate is. It tends not to be severe or located on the skin.

I have red discoloration spots. There are all located on the lip where the head of my penis meets the shaft. One of theres has been here a long time a few more popped up recently, they get darker after I masterbate.

Occasionally, (especially after I masterbate) it will get red around the hole in the tip of my penis. A few mm to the left of the tip there is a welt sometimes that seems to have small bumps on it. This almost only comes after masterbation. The welt seems to come back in the same place everytime though I don't think I abrade this area.

This one is weird and makes me think maybe HSV. . . After masterbating I can sometimes see evenly distributed white dots all over the head of my penis. They seem to be a little raised. Also the skin on my penis seems a little weird like it holds deformation from pressure longer or something.

Thank you all so much for your feedback. With all the suffering from STD and the stress that they can cause (this can almost be worse I think) you all are a light in (what can seem to be to me and many on these boards) a very uncaring medical darkness.
:?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 12:49 pm 

Anything that seems more noticeable after masturbation probably isn't a std. Also std's like hpv and herpes don't cause pain as often as you seem to be having it. Did you see a dermatologist yet if your regular doctor can't determine if there's a yeast issue going on?

betsy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]