ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:01 am 

hi there. just a quick background. we have been together a little over 6 years, it has been completely monogamus <sp?>. i have never suspected anything! anyways, i was tested in march of '06 and again in july of '06 <pregnancy> both came back neg. they always do. well, i had an ectopic in janurary and then about a week later i went to the dr because of some really bad pain. she treated me there for an infection and then 5 weeks later i got the call that it was chlamydia. my husband swears up and down that nothing happened, ever. and i do believe him, to a certain extent. i am trying to find ways to see if if it was false pos or maybe it was something else and myabe they just assumed it was chlamydia. the dr here is very hard to work with. he doesnt even want to test my husband. he wants him to get treated and then to just "get over it, because this stuff ruins marriages" but he doesnt understand that this is ruining my marriage. is there anyway at all to tell if he did cheat, he hasnt been treated yet. or if it was a false positive.
this is just literally making me sick. my husband doesnt go out, doesnt party, doesnt drink... nothing. this is a complete shock. and according to everything, the only way to contract it is through sexual intercourse. is it possible to get it from using sex toys and not cleaning them really well?
im trying to find any other way this could be possible or if it was a false pos. i dont want to ruin my marriage by choosing to believe he cheated unless he really did.
any advice?
thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:26 pm 

Hey ,

First off, it sounds like your doctor is very insensitive.You can have Chlaymidia and not have any symptoms at all. I don't want to assume that your husband cheated but for peace of mind, I would find a doctor who was willing to perform the test just to give you some ease.

Also it makes me wonder why would it take over a month to tell you that you had Chlamydia. Most offices can get results back in a week or less and would call you immdeiately if something was wrong.Did your doctor ever test you for BV? BV is can cause abdominal pain,vaginal pain, smelly and abundant discharge and sometimes it is silent and there are no symptons.

Chlamydia doesn't just go away so if your husband hasn't been treated and if he tested, it would show up. It is a sexually transmitted infection, no ifs ands or buts about it.

Proper care of sex toys is important becuase you can infect yourself if ther are not properly cared and cleaned but if only you and your husband used them and didn't share them I wouldn't suspect anything.

I hope this helps butagain for peace of mind, find a doctor who cares about your needs and if your husband would like to get tested, there are many clinics and many doctors who will perform the test for both of you :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 6:46 pm 

Chlamydia is sexually transmitted. I would get a repeat test and have your husband tested. If you are treated and he isn't, you will just get it again.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]