ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:47 pm 

Just last thursday night I was out with my sister and a guy I had just met. well anyway long story short, he and I were kissing and hugging and then he asked me to give him Oral sex without a condom. and I did for about all of 6 mins. . . I spit out each time I put my mouth on his penis and did not swallow. 2 days later I wake up and my throat is slightly inflamed and it's scratchy, my face & ears have a burning sensation to them. Now I went to the Doctor yesterday and I got Tested for G, C, & HIV and I'm currently waiting on my results. she took a look at my throat and said that it looked like "Sinus Drainage" but i'm trying to figure out how could Sinus Drainage cause all of these reactions??? then the night I was out with the guy, I had a soda and I was drinking it and my sister made me laugh and the Soda went down my nostrils and my sinus Burned BADLY. so with all this said I just want to know what are the chances of me being infected with an STD by this guy??? I am so worried, I have not slept in 2 days!! Please answer...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:10 pm 
Site Admin

Hi there,

There's no way to really judge from afar if you might have contracted an STD. Oral infections often don't have symptoms, and it seems as if your doctor is attributing your symptoms to something else. It's good that you got tested, though, for peace of mind.

Let us know what you find out, if you don't mind.

Best,
Fredo

Post subject: My Results
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:15 pm 

Hi, This is Me again... I got my Results about a week ago from the doctor and everything came back "Negative" Blood test, Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, Herpes, everything came back negative. . . BUT I am going to get tested again in December just to be on the safe side. Thanks everyone!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:56 am 

You also kissed this fellow. It's far more likely you picked up some sort of viral upper respiratory illness than a std ( or even allergies since you mention the itchy feelings ). No need to wait 6 months until you repeat your std testing either. The std's you were most at risk for you can test for a week later though you didn' t mention how you were tested for chlamydia and gonorrhea - was it thru throat swabs?

It was WAY too early to test for hiv and herpes. You aren't going to pick up hiv from oral anyways. The only accurate way to test for oral herpes infections is thru lesion cultures of active symptoms in situations like this anyways.

Also as a fyi - swallowing has NOTHING to do with your std risk. Your risk isn't increased if you swallow large amount of ejaculate.

betsy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]