ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: HELP
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:38 pm 

I had unprotected oral and the next day had a weird itch on and in the tip of my penis. It has now started to burn after I am done peeing. Doesn't hurt while I Pee. I went to a clinic and they tested me for the Urithaitis(sp) and it came up negative. They gave me Ciprofloaxin 500mg and I have been on it for 2 days. My question is how long does it usually take for the burning to go away? It feels better right when I wake up but when I sit still it starts to irritate. I am driving myself nuts. Called the Doc. and he said to wait till Monday to see if it gets better. Does it usually take more than a couple of days to get relief (if I had Claymadia or Gonnarhea)?

Thanks for this great site for people like me to come to for help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:26 pm 
Site Admin

Hi swell,

It's hard to tell you what to expect re: symptom relief since it isn't clear what's causing your problems to begin with. We can't rule anything out, but it's not common to contract gonorrhea or chlamydia by receiving oral sex.

Regardless, I hope you're feeling better now and the medicine did its job. Check back with your clinic if you continue to have the burning and discomfort.

Best,
Fredo

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]