ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:38 pm 

Hey Betsy,

I am now on my second course of Terconazole after the first course did not completely clear what my doctor believes is a yeast infection (I developed an allergy to Miconazole). The itching tends to "move" as in, I'll feel itchy inside, then I'll feel itchy outside, then I'll feel itchy on the mound, then I'll feel itchy around my anus...it isn't terrible, but it just doesn't feel right. Last sex was 9/4 and it was unprotected (same guy I've been seeing for a while). No other symptoms really...just itching and redness. I had some bumps on my thigh and buttocks that I had my doctor look at that he ruled were just pimples. Do you have any thoughts or suggestions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:00 pm 

sounds like you are covering your bases. did they test you for yeast or just visually say yeast?

I'm a fan of diflucan myself. If you have insurance, it's typically cheaper than the creams anyways and of course much less messy!!!

The thigh and buttock rash sounds like folliculitis perhaps?

betsy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:51 pm 

Hey Betsy....the series of events are as follows:
Developed a toe infection and was started on a course of a 10 day antibiotic. This ended about 2 days before I had sex. I started experiencing vaginal itching the same day of sex and bought an over the counter yeast product that contained Miconazole. Started taking it on the 9/8. Two days later, the itching got worse and had spread so I went to the doctor. At the time, he did not test for yeast because I had already begun the other treatment. That is when I had my first round of Terconazole. After 7 days, I was still having redness and itchiness and I was concerned there was something "else" going on so I went to my doctor again and he checked me and gave me another round of Teconazole and a Duflucan pill. I am doing better....but am still itchy at times. I have about 4 more days of the Terconazole to go through. Looking back, I can see that trying to self treat wasn't the best idea..and it probably has kept me from figuring out if I truly have a yeast infection or if something else is going on. My doctor is well aware that I am worried about STDs and he did look carefully. I am just wondering if you have any other thoughts on the matter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:13 am 

Sometimes it just sucks to be female :(

betsy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:34 am 

Thanks Betsy...that's what I thought. :( If it still itches next week, Ill go back to the clinic. I swear I have the most looked over vulva that ever existed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:27 am 

lol

I used to joke with my obgyn that at one point he had seen my nether regions so often, he could've picked them out in a line up.

Hope it's all back to normal soon for you!

betsy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:40 pm 

Hey Betsy, I wanted to give you an update. By Thursday, I was feeling a LOT better. Still had some external itching, but nothing like what I had had 3 weeks ago. I went to the clinic just for a follow up. The doctor has perscribed me some cream to apply externally but he did not see anything suspicious. I am very relieved.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]